AS Monaco suspend Thierry Henry as manager of the club
The French attacker took over Monaco in a tricky spot and has been suspended as the manager after a run of horrible results that see them in the relegation zone.
AS Monaco have announced the suspension of Thierry Henry as the coach of the club following a poor run of results that finds them in the relegation places in Ligue 1.
They have not won in the league since the start of December when they beat Amiens 2-0 and the suspension comes two days after they were knocked out of the France Cup by FC Metz. They were recently hammered by Strasbourg in the league too which sees them three points adrift in 18th place in the French league and just one point off the foot of the table.
He took over the club three months ago but his tenure has gone from bad to worse after he banished a number of first team players to the reserves side after Tuesday night's defeat stating he needed players "who want to save the club, not just think about their own futures. We have done some sorting. We are going to war.”
The official statement from the club says they have suspended Thierry Henry of his duties as they wait to make a final decision on his future. Franck Passi took training on Thursday.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Parents charged after Michigan school shooting: what is involuntary manslaughter?
- NFL What are the most common injuries in NFL?
- SOCCER Real Madrid: Ancelotti encourages Mbappé to follow his dreams
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale close to making Real Madrid return
- BARCELONA Barcelona hoping to offload Samuel Umtiti in January
- NBA Jordan, Shaq, Harden... The players who led to NBA rule changes