Salah returns to social media amid apparent publicity stunt
Liverpool's Mohamed Salah had raised eyebrows three days ago when he posted a cryptic message and left Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Mohamed Salah has returned to social media, three days after the Liverpool and Egypt forward surprised his millions of followers worldwide by posting a cryptic message - "2019 Resolution: Time to get in touch, for real"- and promptly deactivating his Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts.
2019 Resolution: Time to get in touch, for real.— Mohamed Salah (@MoSalah) 22 de enero de 2019
Social-media vanishing act seemingly part of publicity campaign
Theories on his reasons for the move quickly followed: some speculated that it foreshadowed a departure from Anfield and others suggested it was down to internet abuse he has received (particularly after recent playacting controversies), while a conflict with his country's football association was also cited.
"We've reached Mo Salah and we can connect you to him!"
However, the 26-year-old's social-media disappearance looks to have been part of a publicity campaign, as he today came back online to publish a captionless image of himself opening a package delivered by DHL, with the international courier service itself posting: "We've reached Mo Salah and we can connect you to him!"
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series