Allegri-Dybala feud rolls on as Cristiano adds fuel to flames
The Juventus coach once again consigned the Argentinian to the substitutes bench as Cristiano celebrates his goal with trademark Dybala gesture.
There seems to be no end to the tension between Paulo Dybala and Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri as once again the Argentine was consigned to on the substitutes bench for the away game against Sassuolo. The Juve No. 10 did feature in the Serie A clash but just for the final seven minutes of the action as post match, once again the coach tried to play down the matter.
The Livorno born manager stated, "We could have played with Dybala and Cristiano but we needed a team with more balance. Sassuolo are very solid in the centre of the park so I decided to use players who were fit for this purpose".
Cristiano Ronaldo bagged the second goal of a 0-3 win for the Turin based outfit and used the Dybala "gladiator mask" celebration made famous by the Argentinian as part of his traditional goal scoring celebration, which for many observers was a mark of solidarity for the benched Dybala.
Cristiano Ronaldo brings out the Paulo Dybala celebration 🤙🏾 pic.twitter.com/heryn4Zdjl— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) February 10, 2019
Dybala's leaving the recent game at home to Parma before the final whistle has penned a further chapter in the ongoing tension between coach and player and despite the coach stating on a number of times there is no rift, his condemning Dybala to the bench is being seen by many analysts in Italy as punishment for the 25-year-old.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats