Mono Burgos missing from Simeone's new contract photo
Atlético announced that Simeone has renewed his contract until 2022. His assistant wasn't in the group photograph of the coach signing his new deal.
Earlier today, Atlético de Madrid confirmed that Diego Simeone has signed a two-year contract extension, which will tie him to the club until 2022. Simeone returned to Atleti in December to take the reins from Gregorio Manzano with the team sitting tenth in the table and recently knocked out of the Copa del Rey. Under El Cholo, things drastically changed for the better.
In the group photograph taken this afternoon, after Simeone had signed his new contract, the most notable absentee was Mono Burgos, the assistant coach at Atlético. Posing alongside El Cholo were president Enrique Cerezo and CEO Miguel Ángel Gil Marín, Technical Director Andrea Berta and members of the coaching staff - Pepe Pasques, Simeone's PR officer, fitness trainer Profe Ortega, goalkeeping coach Pablo Vercellone and second assistant Nelson Vivas.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history