Maximum! West Indies break record for number of sixes in an ODI innings
Chris Gayle registered his 24th ODI century in Barbados as West Indies hit a record 23 sixes in their 360-8 against England.
West Indies hit a record 23 sixes against England on Wednesday as Chris Gayle fired the hosts to 360-8 in the opening ODI. Gayle launched 12 of the maximums in Barbados as they went past the previous best set by New Zealand against the Windies in January 2014.
It has been slow going for him at Kensington Oval, but Chris Gayle finally breaks the shackles to break a tie with Shahid Afridi in the most-maximums chart— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo) February 20, 2019
Full list: https://t.co/JitNFjUObP pic.twitter.com/tI2FfOrkth
Nurse and Bravo
Darren Bravo struck four of his own before Ashley Nurse slapped Adil Rashid for two in four balls in the 48th over. It was Devendra Bishoo who levelled the record, before Nurse sent Rashid over the long-on boundary off the last ball to give the Windies a 23rd maximum. Gayle's heroics had already seen him set a personal record, the opener moving past Shahid Afridi with the most sixes in international cricket.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"