Real Madrid's Varane shows off injury picked up for own goal
The defender was under pressure from Luis Suárez which caused him to score into his own net, and he chose to share images online.
As the dust settled on Wednesday's Copa Clásico, everyone involved took stock of their situation. For Real Madrid's Raphael Varane, this was a check on the injury he sustained in the collision that led to him scoring an own goal.
Own goals hurts double for Varane
The French defender shared a picture of his knee after the game on Instagram. In the post he published, you can see up to four wounds caused by studs against his leg as Luis Suárez pressured him into turning the ball into his own net. That goal, Barça's second of the night, effectively killed off the tie for Los Blancos.
Following treatment, Varane returned to play the full 90 minutes and is one of manager Santiago Solari's key men in defence. He'll almost certainly be back out in front of the Bernabéu faithful this Saturday as they look to exact revenge in the Liga version of El Clásico.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?