Grealish attacker pleads guilty to assault
Paul Mitchell has pleaded guilty to assault and pitch invasion after he attacked Aston Villa's Jack Grealish in Sunday's Birmingham derby.
The Birmingham City supporter who attacked Jack Grealish during Aston Villa's 1-0 win at St. Andrew's has pleaded guilty to pitch invasion and assault.
Villa captain Grealish was punched from behind by the pitch invader in the early stages of Sunday's derby.
Attacker also banned for life by Birmingham
West Midlands Police confirmed Paul Mitchell, 27, was charged after the game and he appeared at Birmingham Magistrates' Court on Monday.
Birmingham City confirmed Mr Mitchell has been banned from the Championship club for life.
Grealish went on to score winning goal
Grealish showed no ill effects from the incident and went on to score the only goal in his side's 1-0 victory before leaping over the advertising hoarding to celebrate with the away supporters.
The police made four arrests in total for suspected assault or violent disorder offences.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers