Dembele to miss Champions League quarter-finals with torn hamstring
Ousmane Dembele has suffered a torn hamstring, meaning he looks set to miss Barcelona's Champions League quarter-final matches.
Barcelona have announced Ousmane Dembele will be out for up to a month after tearing his hamstring.
The France international had been a doubt for Wednesday's 5-1 Champions League win over Lyon due to a hamstring strain, only to feature off the bench and score late on.
However, that cameo appears to have done little good for the World Cup-winner's condition, as Barca now expect him to be out for three to four weeks.
A four-week absence would mean Dembele missing both legs of Barcelona's Champions League quarter-final, plus LaLiga meetings against Real Betis, Espanyol, Villarreal, Huesca and second-placed Atletico Madrid.
After a difficult first season, the 21-year-old former Borussia Dortmund winger has shown signs of settling at Barca this term, scoring 14 goals in 35 matches across all competitions.
Dembele's form has been disrupted since the turn of the year, though, as he missed five matches in January and February due to an ankle injury. Another spell on the sidelines now awaits.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots