Euro 2020 qualifiers
First England starts for Rice and Hudson-Odoi in Montenegro
Due to injuries, Declan Rice and Callum Hudson-Odoi come into England's starting XI for the first time against Montenegro.
Declan Rice and Callum Hudson-Odoi will make their first England starts in Monday's Euro 2020 qualifier away to Montenegro.
Young stars for Three Lions
The Three Lions began their campaign with a crushing 5-0 win over the Czech Republic on Friday, with both players making their international bows off the bench.
But, due to a number of injuries and fitness doubts, they have moved into the starting XI in Podgorica.
Eric Dier was forced off in the first half on Friday, while Jordan Henderson and Jadon Sancho – both of whom are among the substitutes against Montenegro – are struggling with fitness issues.
Hudson-Odoi has come in for Sancho on the wing, Rice takes the place of Henderson and Ross Barkley replaces Dier as he did at Wembley.
It is a particularly big achievement for 18-year-old Hudson-Odoi, given he is yet to start a Premier League game for Chelsea.
The only other change sees Danny Rose replace Ben Chilwell at left-back.
Yep, you're in the team lads— England (@England) March 25, 2019
That's four changes to the #ThreeLions team that started against the Czech Republic:
Danny Rose, @_DeclanRice, @RBarkley8 & @Calteck10
@BenChilwell, @ericdier, @JHenderson & @Sanchooo10pic.twitter.com/fkMrPayKbD
England are out to make it two wins from as many games in Group A, while Montenegro will hope to improve on their 1-1 draw away to Bulgaria on matchday one.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston