Cesc Fabregas picks his ideal XI of former teammates
The Monaco midfielder played with some greats at Chelsea, Barcelona and Arsenal along with the Spanish national team where he won a World Cup.
Cesc Fabregas has revealed his ideal XI on Twitter from the players he has shared a field with at Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona and the Spanish national side.
The Spanish midfielder picked Iker Casillas in goal. A defense made up of Dani Alves, John Terry, Gerard Piqué and Jordi Alba.
Fabregas adopts gung-ho approach
In midfield, he selected two greats in Patrick Viera and Andres Iniesta along with Lionel Messi and Eden Hazard as he went for a very attack-minded approach.
He also picked Diego Costa and Thierry Henry. He also wanted to give a special shout-out to Carles Puyol and David Villa, who didn't make the final cut.
Fabregas moved to Monaco during the January transfer window to team up with Henry but the manager was sacked shortly afte rhis arrival. Under returning manager, Leonardo Jardim, they have gone seven games unbeaten and currently lie nine points away from the relegation zone.
I didn’t know they’d ask me this so I did it very quickly. Only players I played with. I feel Puyol & Villa should be there.— Cesc Fàbregas Soler (@cesc4official) 28 de marzo de 2019
What are your thoughts?
No sabía q me preguntarían esto así q lo hice rápido. Puyol y Villa deberían estar pero tenía q variar.
Que opináis de este XI? pic.twitter.com/fs168z5dVt
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online