Rodrigo requests to leave Atlético Madrid - reports
The Spanish player, who has only been in the capital for a season, is looking for an exit plan, and Pep Guardiola's Manchester City could offer one.
Rodrigo Hernández Cascante arrived at Atlético Madrid last summer as a star signing for the present and future. Only one season later, the 22-year old is talking about his departure from the capital club.
Rodrigo could join Pep's City
According to José Ramón de la Morena on Spanish programme El Transistor, the Madrid-born midfielder wants to leave. He has communicated this desire to both to his agent and to the Atleti board, and many are surprised as he has slowly but surely beceome an important player for Diego Simeone in a side that is looking to continue to compete at the very top of European football.
The main reason for the player's head being turned is said to be down to the attractiveness of the offers being made by major clubs in Europe. Recently we learned that Premier League champions Manchester City have him in their sights. Pep Guardiola is looking for a successor to Fernandinho, now 33, and Rodrigo could be the answer.
Rodrigo has hardly missed a game this season, participating in all the matches of the Copa del Rey, all those in the Champions League and in 27 of the 31 league games. A grand total of 3,155 minutes on the pitch. Atlético signed the midfielder on a five-year contract, but based on these reports, they may be lucky to see much of that.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game
- MEDICARE Does Medicare cover hearing aids or eye exams?
- US LOTTERY How is Powerball paid out?
- NFL Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson passes Dan Marino to set new record
- NFL Player ratings for the Cardinals vs Browns game | NFL Week 6
- MLB Dodgers vs Braves: times, TV channel, radio and how to watch Game 2 online tonight