No medical green light but Dembélé in Barça UCL squad
The French striker anticipates having the seal of approval from the club medics as he makes the first squad call up in three weeks.
Ernesto Valverde will be able to call upon the services of Ousmane Dembélé for the Champions League quarter final first leg at Old Trafford. The French player has been named in the travelling squad despite not having been given the medical green light from club doctors.
Dembélé picked up his latest injury as part of the Champions League Round of 16 tie against Olympique Lyon (5-1) where the 21-year-old bagged a goal. After the game the player was diagnosed as having sustained a muscular problem and was expected to miss three to four weeks of competitive action. The club decided not to rush the winger back for Saturday's LaLiga clash against Atlético Madrid but it's anticipated that the club doctors will give the player a clean bill of health after Tuesday's training session.
The Basque coach will be anxious not to rush the player back but having the option of bringing the player on from the bench in Manchester will be a bonus for the Barça coach.
Valverde will bring all available players to Manchester, including Todibo (who is not registered to play in the Champions League) with the full travelling squad composing of: Ter Stegen, Semedo, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Todibo, Coutinho, Arthur, Suárez, Messi, Dembélé, Malcom, Lenglet, Murillo, Jordi Alba, Boateng, Sergio Roberto, Vidal, Umtiti, Aleñá and Iñaki Peña.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game