No medical green light but Dembélé in Barça UCL squad
The French striker anticipates having the seal of approval from the club medics as he makes the first squad call up in three weeks.
Ernesto Valverde will be able to call upon the services of Ousmane Dembélé for the Champions League quarter final first leg at Old Trafford. The French player has been named in the travelling squad despite not having been given the medical green light from club doctors.
Dembélé picked up his latest injury as part of the Champions League Round of 16 tie against Olympique Lyon (5-1) where the 21-year-old bagged a goal. After the game the player was diagnosed as having sustained a muscular problem and was expected to miss three to four weeks of competitive action. The club decided not to rush the winger back for Saturday's LaLiga clash against Atlético Madrid but it's anticipated that the club doctors will give the player a clean bill of health after Tuesday's training session.
The Basque coach will be anxious not to rush the player back but having the option of bringing the player on from the bench in Manchester will be a bonus for the Barça coach.
Valverde will bring all available players to Manchester, including Todibo (who is not registered to play in the Champions League) with the full travelling squad composing of: Ter Stegen, Semedo, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Todibo, Coutinho, Arthur, Suárez, Messi, Dembélé, Malcom, Lenglet, Murillo, Jordi Alba, Boateng, Sergio Roberto, Vidal, Umtiti, Aleñá and Iñaki Peña.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?