Manchester United wait on Rashford, Matic fitness for Barça
Marcus Rashford and Nemanja Matic could feature against Barcelona but the game will come too soon for Alexis Sánchez and Ander Herrera.
Manchester United will make a late decision on the fitness of Marcus Rashford and Nemanja Matic for their Champions League quarter-final against Barcelona on Wednesday, according to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
England international Rashford missed last week's Premier League defeat to Wolves with an ankle injury, while Matic was only fit enough for a place on the substitutes' bench.
Speaking at Tuesday's pre-match media conference, Solskjaer revealed that both players are in with a chance of making the starting XI but confirmed that the game will come too soon for Ander Herrera and Alexis Sánchez.
Former Barcelona forward Sánchez has not played since injuring his knee against Southampton on March 2, while Herrera also missed the defeat at Molineux through injury.
Speaking about Sánchez, Solskjaer said: "He did his first training session today with the team, he's done lots of recovery work. He is injury free. He will probably be in the squad for West Ham on Saturday."
The Norwegian also confirmed that Antonio Valencia and Eric Bailly will miss the clash at Old Trafford.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series