Real Madrid: Eriksen to choose club over Man United - report
A report in the UK says Tottenham Hotspur's Christian Eriksen is set to have a summer choice between Real Madrid and Manchester United.
Tottenham Hotspur's Christian Eriksen is reportedly facing an end-of-season choice between Real Madrid and Manchester United.
Levy ready to sell Eriksen for around 100m euros
With Eriksen about to head into the final 12 months of his contract and stalling on a new deal, the Daily Express says Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy may be willing to sell for around 100 million euros this year, rather than risk losing the Denmark international midfielder for nothing in summer 2020.
Poor Spurs-United relations mean Madrid preferred
Of his two possible destinations, says the Express, Eriksen would choose Madrid. The newspaper adds that Spurs would probably prefer to see the 27-year-old go to the Bernabéu, as their relationship with United has been strained ever since Dimitar Berbatov swapped White Hart Lane for Old Trafford in a 26-million-euro switch in 2008. Indeed, Tottenham are yet to sell another player to the club.
It's a situation Madrid have benefited from previously, having snapped up Luka Modric and Gareth Bale from Spurs in the face of United interest in 2012 and 2013, respectively. What's more, the North London club also scotched a potential Eric Dier move to United in 2017, forcing the Red Devils to turn to Chelsea's Nemanja Matic instead.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest