Liverpool announce United States 2019 pre-season tour
The current Premier League leaders announced their summer tour, which will take place in three historic venues including Fenway Park and Notre Dame stadium.
The games will be at Fenway Park in Boston, Yankee Stadium in New York and Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend Indiana, each a mythical venue in US sporting history.
The game at the home of the Red Sox, Fenway Park, will pit Liverpool against the oldest football club in Spain, Sevilla FC (on July 21). Notre Dame will host a soccer match for the first time; this will be between the 'Reds' and Borussia Dortmund (July 19), while the famous Yankee Stadium will transform its baseball field into a football soccer pitch for the game against Sporting CP (July 24).
Three historic venues. Three historic teams. One historic tour.— LFC USA (@LFCUSA) April 23, 2019
Tickets for Fenway Park and Notre Dame Stadium will be on sale this Friday, April 26th at 10 AM EST.
Tickets for Yankee Stadium will be on sale May 9th at 10 AM EST. #LFCPreSeason pic.twitter.com/mZRruFN27j
Liverpool FC's managing director and chief commercial officer talked about the pre-season tour, saying it's important for their first team to prepare for the upcoming season, besides providing the opportunity to bring the team to their fans around the world.
Hogan also talked about the venues, "we're heading to three incredible locations, each stadium has their own deep-rooted heritage similar to our own."
The trip to the States will be special, as they will also take an active role in local community projects in each city they visit.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?