Assistant referee's toilet break halts Primeira Liga game
Assistant ref Jorge Cruz suffered the embarrassment of having to rush off to the toilet during Chaves' Portuguese league win over Nacional on Sunday.
Chaves cruised to a 4-1 victory over Nacional in Portugal's Primeira Liga on Sunday afternoon, but the game is more likely to be remembered for assistant referee Jorge Cruz getting caught short during the second half.
Cruz had to rush off to the toilet shortly after the interval, much to the amusement of players and fans alike.
Cruz applauded back on after enforced pit stop
After a few minutes' delay, Cruz was applauded back onto the field but if he thought he was going to get away lightly, he was sorely mistaken.
Referee Luis Godinho added to his fellow official's embarrassment by waving a symbolic red card in his direction.
Chaves - for whom William scored a hat-trick - and Nacional remain in trouble at the bottom of the table, with both in the relegation zone with three games remaining.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston