Firmino and Salah likely fit for Barcelona - Liverpool match
The Liverpool forward missed the win over Huddersfield Town but Roberto Firmino could be set to return to the starting XI for the Champions League first leg game against Barcelona.
Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino has given Klopp an injury boost ahead of their Champions League semi-final first leg against Spanish LaLiga champions Barcelona after returning to training on Tuesday.
Firmino missing against Huddersfield
The Brazil international missed his side's 5-0 thrashing of Huddersfield Town in the Premier League on Friday due to a muscle injury.
The 27-year-old took part in training before Wednesday's clash at Camp Nou and could return to the starting XI alongside Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane in attack.
Doubts dispelled over Salah
There had also been some doubts around Salah's fitness, but he too trained with the team at Melwood.
Firmino has scored 16 goals in 46 appearances across all competitions this season.
Tottenham v Ajax
The other Champions League semi-final sees Tottenham play Ajax, conquerers of Real Madrid and Juventus, with the first leg being played on Tuesday 30 April at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, in what's been billed as the semi-final of the underdogs, given Ajax's small budget compared to many of their European rivals and the fact the Spurs have never won the European Cup, or even made the final before.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers