Firmino and Salah likely fit for Barcelona - Liverpool match
The Liverpool forward missed the win over Huddersfield Town but Roberto Firmino could be set to return to the starting XI for the Champions League first leg game against Barcelona.
Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino has given Klopp an injury boost ahead of their Champions League semi-final first leg against Spanish LaLiga champions Barcelona after returning to training on Tuesday.
Firmino missing against Huddersfield
The Brazil international missed his side's 5-0 thrashing of Huddersfield Town in the Premier League on Friday due to a muscle injury.
The 27-year-old took part in training before Wednesday's clash at Camp Nou and could return to the starting XI alongside Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane in attack.
Doubts dispelled over Salah
There had also been some doubts around Salah's fitness, but he too trained with the team at Melwood.
Firmino has scored 16 goals in 46 appearances across all competitions this season.
Tottenham v Ajax
The other Champions League semi-final sees Tottenham play Ajax, conquerers of Real Madrid and Juventus, with the first leg being played on Tuesday 30 April at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, in what's been billed as the semi-final of the underdogs, given Ajax's small budget compared to many of their European rivals and the fact the Spurs have never won the European Cup, or even made the final before.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest