Kansas City receives CONCACAF Fair Play Award
After the Concachampios final, CONCACAF officials recognised the MLS team for being the most disciplined team of the tournament.
Monterrey won the CONCACAF Champions League final 2-1 on aggregate against crosstown rivals, Tigres, and after the award ceremony, the tournament organizers awarded MLS team Sporting Kansas City the Fair Play award.
Sporting Kansas took part in the 2018/2019 edition of the confederation tournament, where they reached the semifinals of the competition but were eliminated by Monterrey with a 10-2 global score.
The MLS franchise reached that stage of the tournament after eliminating CAI from Panama and Liga MX team, Toluca.
During the tournament, the MLS squad received eight yellow cards, for an average of a cautionary card every 1.33 games, the best record of all teams that made it at least into the semifinals.
In terms of goals, Sporting Kansas scored 11 goals for 12 against in six games played.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms