NY Red Bulls earn their second win in a row by defeating Galaxy
New York beat LA Galaxy 3-2 to seal their second win in a row, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic's team succumbed to their second loss of the season.
Red Bull Arena opened its doors to host one of the best teams in the league, and one of the best players in the world, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who came into this game with the task of scoring his first goal against a New York side since his arrival in the MLS.
Red Bulls were without one of their stars as Kaku Romero was suspended, but he was not missed, as New York were able to achieve the unthinkable, beating Los Angeles and Zlatan.
Amro Tarek opened the scoring for the hosts, in a moment where the LA team seemed lost in the game. However, Carlos Antuna got Galaxy back on terms when he scored in the 39th minute, before Zlatan's header soon after seemed to set the visitors on course for victory.
The Swedish Lion did what he needed to do and scored against one of the New York teams, but the boost that Zlatan gave to his side wasn't enough as Red Bulls managed to nullify them to win the game.
Mark Rzatkowski scored on the hour mark to bring the home side level, and then Derrick Etienne grabbed the winner 10 minutes later, in a game where VAR was to the fore, with two goals ruled out for offside after video reviews.
It was a great day for New York, who picked up a second win in a row and beat none other than the LA Galaxy, one of the contenders for the MLS Cup title.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass