Maradona's Dorados miss out on promotion from Ascenso MX
Dorados de Sinaloa, managed by Argentina great Diego Maradona, succumbed to a 2-1 aggregate defeat to Atlético San Luis in Ascenso MX.
Diego Maradona's Dorados de Sinaloa failed to win the Ascenso MX Clausura and gain promotion to Liga MX after they were beaten by Atlético San Luis in Sunday's final.
With the scores level at 1-1 from the first leg, Atlético Madrid-backed San Luis clinched the victory in extra-time thanks to Unai Bilbao's effort, after the 90 minutes finished goalless.
San Luis spoil Maradona's Dorados dip
Having lost to San Luis in the Apertura final, Maradona's side finished fifth in the Clausura in the second half of the campaign, before beating Sonora and Zacatecas in the play-offs.
But San Luis, who will gain promotion to Mexico's top flight having won both the Apertura and Clausura this season, again denied Argentina great Maradona, who took charge of Dorados in September.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes