Thiago Silva out for the rest of the season after knee surgery
Paris Saint-Germain are set to be without Brazilian centre-back Thiago Silva for the remainder of the season after he underwent surgery on his right knee.
Thiago Silva underwent surgery on his right knee on Monday, Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed. The PSG captain has been sidelined since he hobbled out of their humbling 5-1 defeat at second-placed Lille after 16 minutes on 14 April.
Two games to play
The 34-year-old's injury dealt another blow to Thomas Tuchel and his thin squad and they have suffered in the defender's absence. Presnel Kimpembe's form has caused concern and the champions have won just one of their past seven matches in all competitions, losing the Coupe de France final to Rennes on penalties.
Thiago Silva a subi lundi une arthroscopie de son genou par l’équipe chirurgicale de la Pitié Salpêtrière.— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_inside) May 8, 2019
L’intervention s’est bien déroulée. Il commence ses soins ce jour.
It appears PSG will be without Silva for the remainder of the campaign, too, but he is on the mend following arthroscopic surgery. He underwent the procedure in a Paris hospital and is beginning his rehabilitation, the club announced on Twitter.
Silva has made 25 Ligue 1 appearances this season, also featuring in their dramatic Champions League last-16 defeat to Manchester United. He will sit out the team's final two Ligue 1 games of the campaign - away to Angers on Saturday and at home to Dijon on the final day the following week.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente