Betis game could be the last for up to nine Madrid players
Keylor, Nacho, Reguilón, Ceballos, Isco, Llorente and Bale could all play their final games for Los Blancos. Vallejo, suspended, and Mariano, injured, could also leave.
As the LaLiga season draws to a close on Sunday, Real Madrid's final game against Betis at the Bernabéu could be the last time as many as nine first-team players represent the club.
The players who may bid the Bernabéu farewell on Sunday include: Keylor Navas, Nacho, Marcos Llorente, Dani Ceballos, Isco and Gareth Bale. For Jesús Vallejo, suspended, and Mariano, injured, their last game for Madrid may have been against Villarreal, despite both getting their names on the scoresheet on that occasion.
Reguilón could be the last name on the list, with the left-back looking to get more playing-time elsewhere. However, the options available are likely to be short-term loan deals.
Whether the Betis game is the Welshaman's last for the club remains to be seen. Bale has been included in the 19-man squad, but has endured a rocky season, further compounded by the return of Zidane and a near-total breakdown in their relationship, and reports point to him leaving this summer, despite being under contract until 2022.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play