Barcelona confirm Ludovit Reis acquisition from Groningen
Barça have paid €3.2M for the Groningen player's services with a release clause of 100 million euro has been attached to the midfielder.
FC Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Dutch midfielder Ludovit Reis. The teenager joins the Catalan club on a three year deal with Eredivise side FC Groningen receiving 3.25 million euros for his services.
Barça have yet to specify if the player will be fast tracked into the first team squad or will serve time getting acclimatised to the Spanish game via the Barça "B" reserve team.
Barcelona sign Ludovit Reis from FC Groningen for €3.25m… With a €100m buyout clause 😳 pic.twitter.com/KkwDvfn2G4— B/R Football (@brfootball) 23 May 2019
The Catalan giants offered a brief summary of the 18-year-old Reis on their official website as they confirmed the acquisition: "Ludovit Reis will turn 19 years old on June 1. Over the last two seasons, he has played a total of 50 official matches with the Groningen first team, for whom he scored two goals. Born to Slovakian parents, he has held a Dutch passport since July 2018. Reis trained at Hoofddorp until 2015, when he joined Groningen's youth setup. He debuted with the first team on September 21, 2017 against USV Hércules in a Dutch Cup match. His first appearance in the Eredevisie came a month later, against AZ Alkmaar. He has represented the Netherlands at Under-19 and Under-21 level".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics