Manchester City star Leroy Sané is a Bayern target – Hoeness
Uli Hoeness has revealed that Manchester City winger Leroy Sané is very much on Bayern Munich's radar as the media has been reporting in recent weeks.
Manchester City winger Leroy Sané is a target for Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich, club president Uli Hoeness has confirmed. The 23-year-old has shone since moving to the Etihad Stadium from Schalke 04 three years ago, but found himself down the pecking order towards the end of the Premier League season.
Short-staffed on the wings
Bayern are in the market for reinforcements on the flanks, with Franck Ribéry and Arjen Robben both drawing a curtain on their illustrious careers at the Allianz Arena at the end of the campaign. Speculation has increased over the previous few weeks that they were looking to Germany international Sané as a potential signing.
When asked by Suddeutsche Zeitung about Bayern's interest in Sané, Hoeness replied: "We are considering him."
Timo Werner and Rodri in the frame
Hoeness' revelation comes just a day after star striker Robert Lewandowski claimed Sané could "immediately take us higher". Bayern have also been linked with RB Leipzig star and Liverpool target Timo Werner and Atlético de Madrid midfielder Rodri.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys