Manchester United to play Solskjaer's hometown club in pre-season friendly match
Manchester United's pre-season preparations will include a trip to Oslo to face Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's hometown club Kristiansund.
Manchester United have announced they will be playing against manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's hometown club Kristiansund during the pre-season.
Man United in Oslo
Both the United men's and women's teams will play in Oslo, with Solskjaer's side tackling Kristiansund on 30 July at the Ullevaal Stadium, while Casey Stoney's team will take on Valerenga at the Intility Arena the next day.
#MUFC are heading to Oslo this summer for pre-season friendlies!— Manchester United (@ManUtd) May 23, 2019
Solskjaer said: "I am delighted we are playing a match against Kristiansund BK, they are from my hometown in Norway, which is an added bonus for me. We have a massive following in Scandinavia and it's great that I meet United supporters wherever I go in Norway. This match will be really important in terms of our preparation for the new season. We want to hit the ground running and give ourselves a chance to challenge once the new campaign starts and the best way to do that is with some momentum behind you."
Former striker Solskjaer took over from José Mourinho in December and, although late-season results saw United miss out on a Champions League spot, he proved to be a popular appointment as permanent boss with the club's fans.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'