Messi trains with Argentina squad as Copa America looms
The Barcelona captain is back in his native Argentina as the "Albiceleste" prepare for the imminent 2019 Copa America which starts on June 14.
Lionel Messi is now back in training with his Argentina teammates at the national team training camp at Ezeiza (Buenos Aires), with Lionel Scaloni putting his men through a double session today.
17 of the 23 man squad are now training with the group: Agustín Marchesín, Nicolás Tagliafico, Ramiro Funes Mori, Marcos Acuña, Renzo Saravia, Nicolás Otamendi, Rodrigo De Paul, Giovani Lo Celso, Leandro Paredes, Guido Rodríguez, Roberto Pereyra, Sergio Agüero, Germán Pezzella, Ángel Di María, Lautaro Martínez and Paulo Dybala.
The only absentees are the River Plate and Boca Juniors players who are involved in the South American Recopa Sudamericana and Copa Superliga Argentina respectively. The final absentee is Tottenham's Juan Foyth who is involved in Saturday's UEFA Champions League final against Liverpool in Madrid.
Argentina play a friendly game against Nicaragua on June 7th before heading to Brazil where Scaloni's men open their Copa America campaign against Colombia in the Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador de Bahía on June 15.
Te recomendamos en English
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPICS Thompson-Herah wins women's 100m title and beats Fraser-Pryce
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Spain's late escape, as Brazil line up Mexico
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Team USA into quarters as Durant and Tatum star