Borussia Dortmund keen on Sebastián Soto
Negotiations between the north American striker and German side, Hannover 96, have broken down, leaving the door open for Dortmund who have tracking him.
Sebastián Soto was the big star for the United States during the Under-20 World Cup in Poland, so it's hardly surprising that clubs have been lining up in an attempt to sign the young striker. According to German newspaper, BILD, Soto is being pursued by Borussia Dortmund, who lost Christian Pulisic to Chelsea in a record transfer back in January.
Soto is on the books at Hannover 96; the German side had hoped to persuade the 18-year-old US international to sign a contract extension as his current deal is up next year. But after the team was relegated last season, renewal talks broke down, with Dortmund lying in wait to snap up the teenager.
Dortmund have been keeping tabs on the young American forward, who scored 17 goals in 24 games for Hannover's Under-19s last season, and made three appearances with the senior team.
With the US youth national team, Sebastián Soto scored four goals at the U20 World Cup and played a key role in helping the team come from behind to beat France 3-2 in the round of 16.
Chris Gloster could go too
Soto might not be the only player Hannover could lose this summer, Gloster has also drawn interest from an undisclosed Champions League and Bundesliga club, which might complicate things for Hannover in their quest to re-sign the defender.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?