Real Madrid: Zidane gets blunt Ceballos reply in future talks
AS has learned that Dani Ceballos issued a curt response to being told by Zinedine Zidane that he is not in the Real Madrid coach's future plans.
Dani Ceballos has made his feelings very clear to Zinedine Zidane, AS has learned, telling the Real Madrid head coach in no uncertain terms that he shares the Frenchman's aversion to working together any further.
Ceballos again reduced to bit-part Madrid role under Zidane
Spain Under-21 international Ceballos, who had already been a fringe figure during Zidane's first spell in charge at Madrid, made just three appearances for Los Blancos following the coach's return to the Bernabéu in March of last season.
Speaking to UEFA.com ahead of the European Under-21 Championship on Saturday, the midfielder spoke openly of his frustration at not having played "as much as I had hoped" at the LaLiga giants.
"I didn't want to carry on working with you, either"
And AS understands that, late last term, he offered a blunt response to being told by Zidane that he is not in his plans for next season, laying bare his poor relationship with the 46-year-old by telling him: "No problem, boss - I didn't want to carry on working with you, either."
Former Real Betis player Ceballos, who joined Madrid from Los Verdiblancos in 2017, is interesting several clubs, with Tottenham Hotspur thought to be leading the chase to secure the 22-year-old's services this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool