Barcelona and Valencia in talks over Cillessen-Neto swap deal
The two Liga clubs are negotiating over a transfer for the two keepers after Neto annpinced his desire to leave Mestalla this summer.
Barcelona and Valencia are locked in negotiations over a swap deal involving keepers Jasper Cillessen and Neto, who has informed the Mestalla board that he intends to leave the club this summer.
According to Catalan radio station RAC1, Valencia are keen to tie up the deal before June 30 for budgetary reasons, with Neto set to fetch a fee of 30 million euros from Barça, who see the 29-year-old Brazil international as the ideal back up to Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
Cillessen seeking a starting role outside Camp Nou
Cillessen, meanwhile, wants to leave Camp Nou for a regular number one spot after playing second fiddle to the Germany international throughout his Barcelona career.
If all goes according to plan, Valencia intend to sell Neto before the end of the month to free up some much-needed cash for other transfer targets – among them Barça winger Denis Suárez – and will then negotiate a fee with the Camp Nou board for Cillessen, who has two years left to run on his contract and has been attracting interest from the Premier League.
Recommended in English
- UFC Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane Heavyweight title: fight card, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Andy Reid: Willie Gay Jr. to star against Bills following arrest
- NFL 49ers vs Packers: times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL | HALL OF FAME Which NFL team has the most Hall of Famers?
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL How did Aaron Rodgers respond to Joe Biden's vaccine criticism?