Timbers' Brian Fernandez ties MLS scoring streak record
The Argentine striker has proved his value since arriving at Portland from the Liga MX, becoming a new addition to the MLS record books.
Fernandez arrived in Portland as a Designated Player for a club-record transfer fee, following a controversial career that saw him being suspended for two years by CONMEBOL after testing positive for a prohibited substance back in 2015.
Fernández joined Liga MX club Necaxa in 2018 and in 2019 he moved to the American league, and for the Timbers the 24-year-old player has become one of the best signings of the year.
In his six appearances with Portland Timbers in both the MLS and the US Open Cup, he has been every bit as good as expected, scoring a total of eight goals, which put him in the record books.
MLS consecutive games record
|Miami Fusion||Alex Pineda Chacon||4||2001|
|LA Galaxy||Carlos Ruiz||4||2002|
|D.C. United||Charlie Davies||4||2011|
|Portland Timbers||Brian Fernandez||4||2019|
He has now tied the record for scoring in consecutive games in its first MLS season with names like Charlie Davies, Carlos Ruiz, and Alex Pineda Chacon such a nice way to start his MLS career.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool