Raúl Albiol signs for Villarreal
The former Real Madrid player moves back to LaLiga signing for Villarreal from Napoli for a fee of four million euro.
Raúl Albiol is set to play for Villarreal CF for the next three seasons after completing his four million euro move from Serie A's Napoli. It's alleged that the deal was forged between all sides last season and could only materialise once the current deal with the Italian side concluded on June 30.
The four million fee is the same quantity as the defender's buy-out clause with the 33-year-old right back offering a defensive solidity lacking in Villarrreal's 2018-19 season as they flirted with relegation.
Yellows, let's see what you can find in this word search... 🤔 pic.twitter.com/CPefxUJJow— Villarreal CF English (@Eng_Villarreal) July 4, 2019
Raúl Albiol moves to Villarreal after spending six season with Napoli and his previous clubs in Spain include Valencia CF, Getafe and Real Madrid.
Villarreal also confirmed another new season acquisition today with winger Ruben Peña moving to Castellon from SD Eibar after spending three seasons with the Basque club.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card