Besiktas beat David Beckham in the race for Tyler Boyd
The Turkish giants announced the signing of USMNT's rising star, the New Zeland-born player, Tyler Boyd, from the Portuguese side, Vitoria.
The Turkish club has won the battle against David Beckham's new MLS team, Inter Miami, which reportedly was also interested in signing the New Zeland born player to which they had acquired his league discovery rights.
Besiktas reached an agreement with the Portuguese club, Vitoria Guimaraes, for around $2.2 million for Tyler Boyd, which means he will have his first taste of European competiton when his new side plays in the Europa League for the 2019-20 season.
The 24-year-old winger made his professional debut in New Zeland with WaiBOP in the 2011-12 campaign, then moved to Wellington Phoenix of the A-League the following year.
Boyd arrived in Portugal in 2015 with Vitoria Guimaraes, scoring 13 goals in two seasons while in the Portuguese second division. He was loaned to Tondela in 2017-18 where he scored five goals in 27 games, in which 14 he started.
Tyler later moved to the Super Lig on loan with Ankaragucu where in 14 games he scored six goals, adding to that four assists.
United States National Team
Tyler Boyd made his international debut in a friendly match against Venezuela prior to the 2019 Gold Cup. During the summer tournament, the winger scored his first two goals for the Stars and Stripes in the 4-0 victory of the USMNT over Guyana.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds