Christian Pulisic doesn't want to be compared with Hazard
The new Chelsea signing has an important request for Chelsea fans as he doesn't want to be compared with Eden Hazard as he wants to prove himself and do his best.
With the departure of Eden Hazard to Real Madrid, Chelsea fans have compared US starlet, Christian Pulisic as Hazard's replacement for the Blues. A hard task in hand for the 20-year-old winger who has finally joined his new team after the 2019 Gold Cup.
Sky Sports talked with the American international in Japan who took the chance to appeal to Chelsea fans not to compare him with the Belgian forward.
"Eden was amazing, and he did so well for this club, as you could see last season and the whole time he's been here. He was an incredible player for Chelsea. For me, it's coming in as my own player, proving myself and doing the best I can to help this team. I'm not here to compare or anything."
Christian Pulisic & Chelsea
The American signed with the Blues during the winter transfer window for a record $73 million deal becoming the most expensive US Soccer player ever but remained with Borussia Dortmund for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
Pulisic made his Chelsea debut on Friday in the defeat against Kawasaki Frontale during the Blues Japan preseason tour. Their stint in Japan ends on Tuesday where they face FC Barcelona before heading back to London.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?