Ceballos set to join Arsenal
The final details on the player's loan deal are being drafted with midfielder Ceballos expected to fly to London on Tuesday to undergo a routine medical and sign.
Dani Ceballos is finally set to join Arsenal in the next few hours and won't travel to the United States where his Real Madrid side are undergoing 2019-20 pre-season work. AS understands that the contract between both parties is almost complete with the Utrera born player expected to fly to London on July 23rd to undergo the routine medical check-up and sign the deal. The move will see Ceballos move to North London on a one year loan deal with no option to buy as Real Madrid club delegates see the 22-year-old Andalusian with an important role to play at the Bernabéu in the future.
The club initially planned to sell the Utrera born player but a dazzling display at the summer's UEFA Under 21 competition where Ceballos was instrumental in helping Spain lift the trophy and be selected in the XI of the tournament have forced club officials to reconsider their initial position with a loan deal now the offer on the table for interested suitors.
Unai Emery has been instrumental in seeing Ceballos opt for "The Gunners" and has spoken with the player and his family over the past few days to ensure Ceballos that he will attempt to meet his demands of 40 first team games per season. Coincidentally Arsenal face Real Madrid in the 2019 International Champions Cup Stateside on July 24.
Arsenal edged out North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur in their pursuit to secure Ceballos' services with the attacking midfielder also speaking to representatives from Spurs and head coach Mauricio Pochettino an open admirer of the attacking midfielder's ability.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"