No top names for Inter Miami first signings
2020 MLS expansion franchise Inter Miami have announced the first two players in the history of the team.
The wait is over; Inter Miami have kept their promise that they would announce their first signing in July, as the club revealed this Friday the signing of the Argentine left-winger Matías Pellegrini, who becomes the first player in the history of the franchise.
Much was said about the first player of the 2020 MLS expansion team, with names like Luis Suárez and Mauro Icardi being linked with David Beckham's side, with a lot of expectation as it was said that a top player could be lured to the Florida club.
The 19-year-old joins as a Young Designated Player and will remain on loan with Estudiantes de La Plata until January 2020, when Inter Miami make their debut in Major League Soccer.
Inter Miami not only announced the signing of Pellegrini, but also that of fellow 19-year-old Argentine forward Julián Carranza, who is the second player to join the franchise and will remain at Club Atlético Banfield until the opening season.
In a statement, sporting director Paul McDonough said: "Both Julián and Matías showed us they really wanted to take the next step of their career with Inter Miami CF. We liked that Pellegrini can play inside and out wide, has very good aerobic capacity and can cover a lot of ground, while Julián is a very grounded player with an impressive work rate. He's the player that strives to score goals and is very good in the box."
Inter Miami are embracing young promising talent as the first players at the club, as they seek to make an immediate impact in the MLS.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?