LA Galaxy on the edge of breaking MLS transfer record
LA Galaxy is close to reaching an agreement with Boca Juniors for Cristian Pavon, and if they do, they will set a new transfer record in the history of the league.
Galaxy have been keen on finding a striker and never stopped in their pursuit of Pavon despite the multiple demands asked by Boca in order to let their player go. And after severe negotiations, a multi-million value is expected to see the striker moving north to the United States.
Cristian Pavon has been trying to leave the Xeneize squad to be again under the orders of strategist, Guillermo Barros-Schelotto, after losing importance in the team led by Gustavo Alfaro.
Galaxy and Boca are now close to reaching an agreement as the Californian club is offering to buy 100% of the Boca Juniors attacker's rights for a total of 18 million dollars.
If the agreement is reached, it will set a new MLS record for the most expensive signing in the history of the US league.
Argentines, the most expensive MLS players
If Cristian Pavon arrives at LA Galaxy, he would be top the most expensive signings of the MLS, taking over from Pity Martinez who is currently the most costly after Atlanta United paid 15 million dollars for his rights in January 2019. Ezequiel Barco would move to third place for his 13.5 million deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Zidane leaves out Rodrygo, Odriozola, Brahim and Mariano
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp 'gets' Guardiola gag about Liverpool having won the title
- MLS Josef Martinez: De Boer fears 'serious' injury for Atlanta striker
- BARCELONA Barça inquest begins as team "loses its soul" in Granada
- THE BEST Van Dijk favourite to collect FIFA 'The Best' award in Milan
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Goal-shy Atlético with only seven goals in six games