Landon Donovan loses the eMLS All-Star challenge
The former US men's national team star was very close to winning the gamer tournament, in which ex-Atlético de Madrid striker Diego Forlán also took part.
The MLS All-Star week has arrived - a select XI comprising stars of the US league will take on Atlético de Madrid in Orlando on Wednesday; leading up to the big night was the eMLS All-Star Challenge in which the the MLS' best gamers pitted their skills against football legends.
Orlando hosted the FIFA 19 video game tournament, which involved former Atlético de Madrid star, Diego Forlán and Captain America Landon Donovan; the LA Galaxy legend almost reached the grand final, which was eventually contested by FC Cincinnati and Orlando City players.
Forlán was with "Alanavi" in the FC Dallas team, which was eliminated in the first round, while Donovan was with "Doolsta" for the Philadephia Union and made the semi-finals after defeating the San Jose Earthquakes team.
Donovan and Doolsta were out of the eMLS All-Star Game after losing in the semis to Orlando City, which ended winning the title on penalties against FC Cincinnati. The $5,000 prize money will go to a good cause - the Orlando City foundation.
Donovan's failed 'dab'
One of the funniest moments of the night in the eMLS All-Star Challenge, was when Landon Donovan's partner scored a goal and the former captain of the US National Team celebrated by imitating Paul Pogba's famous celebration.
Te recomendamos en English
- Chelsea Christian Pulisic's losing his place in Chelsea lineup
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo Goes missing for Real Madrid and Castilla
- MLS Josef Martinez fails to break Leo Messi's world record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho and Keane tear into United after West Ham defeat
- MLS Carlos Vela is three goals away from MLS history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford will be "out for a while" after groin injury