Christian Pulisic scores twice and assists in eight-minute spell
Chelsea faced Red Bull Salzburg as part of its preseason tour, where the US international scored his first two goals and won a penalty kick for The Blues.
The American winger was called upon to fill Eden Hazard's boots, and even though he has pleaded not to be compared with the Belgian wizard, even Hazard himself said his stand-in is destined for great things at Stamford Bridge.
THROUGH THE DEFENDER'S LEGS!— ESPN (@espn) July 31, 2019
Christian Pulisic gets his first goal for Chelsea! pic.twitter.com/Gfcn3qaW78
And evidence of that potential greatness was shown against Red Bull Salzburg, as Pulisic netted his first two goals for the club and won a penalty all in the space of eight minutes.
Pulisic's first goal came on the 20th minute after he flew past the defense and shot through the defender's legs. Moments later he was taken down inside the box to set up a penalty for Ross Barkley, before he found space again through the defense to net his second goal of the night.
It might only be pre-season, but Pulisic's performance will no doubt have Chelsea fan's feeling better about the loss of their Belgian talisman to Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- Neymar Injured Neymar out for PSG and doubtful for Brazil
- REAL MADRID - HUESCA Real Madrid squad named for Huesca visit
- Barcelona Koeman cannot avoid Barcelona presidency talk as he attempts to focus players
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?
- UNITED STATES Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?