Malcom leaves Barcelona for Zenit after one year
Zenit have completed the signing of Malcom for a fee of €40million plus €5m in bonuses, LaLiga champions Barcelona have confirmed.
Malcom's move from Barcelona to Russian Premier League side Zenit has been completed, with the deal worth a total of €45 million.
The 22-year-old missed training on Thursday, with Barca announcing Malcom had been granted permission to "resolve his future".
Malcom joined LaLiga giants Barca from Bordeaux in 2018 for a deal rising to €42m, after making a late decision to head to Camp Nou rather than Roma in Serie A.
However, he failed to find his feet in Spain, making only six starts in LaLiga, with the highlight of his time at Camp Nou coming when he scored in a 1-1 Clasico draw against Real Madrid.
In total, Malcom scored four goals in 24 appearances in all competitions, with Barca confirming they have "retained an interest in the future sale of the Brazilian."
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL Who plays Sunday night football tonight, week 13
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NCAA How much money do NCAA football coaches make?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?