Renato Sanches delighted Bayern Munich decided not to sell him
Bayern Munich opted to keep Renato Sanches for the 2019-20 season and the Portugal midfielder couldn't be happier with the decision.
Renato Sanches has expressed his delight at learning Bayern Munich wanted to keep him for the new season. Portugal international Sanches endured a dismal loan spell at Swansea City in 2017-18 and spent last term on the fringes under Niko Kovac.
Interest from Turkey
The 21-year-old started just six games and did not hide his frustration at a lack of playing time, with Fenerbahçe reportedly interested in his signature over previous months. But Bayern were unwilling to part with the Euro 2016 winner and he is looking forward to a more important role at the Allianz Arena in 2019-20.
"When the bosses told me I was staying it felt good, even though I wanted to move. I felt their appreciation," Sanches told Bild. "But I also need enough playing time. I want to play. That's what matters to me. The coach and I have spoken at length once or twice. I know exactly what he wants from me. Our relationship is normal. We shake hands and talk normally."
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August