Bojan Krkic joins MLS side Montreal Impact
The Canadian outfit announced the acquisition of former FC Barcelona, Ajax, Stoke City and AS Roma player Bojan Krkic.
MLS franchise Montreal Impact have confirmed the signing of Spanish player Bojan Krkic, who moved to the Canadian club moving from Championship side Stoke City and becomes the third UEFA Champions League winner to play for the Impact.
Bojan started off at Barça's youth academy La Masía and was touted for great things but the early promise showed by the forward failed to materialise and it's felt that the move to Major League Soccer could be the last chance for the 28-year-old to prove himself in one of the world's developing leagues.
Bojan made his FC Barcelona debut in 2007 and remained with the Catalan side through to 2011 and was a member of the Champions League winning squad in both 2009 and 2011.
Krkic was capped on one occasion for Spain (2008) and joins the likes of Didier Drogba and Allesandro Nesta as former Champions League winners to join the Canadian franchise.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest