Carlos Vela's El Trafico record impossible for Zlatan
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the biggest star of the Los Angeles derby; however, Carlos Vela has a record the Swedish Lion now can't achieve.
Carlos Vela and company still haven't been able to record a victory against their crosstown rivals, LA Galaxy, since El Trafico rivalry began, with a record of two draws and three losses.
However, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic hogs the limelight, thanks to his goals and all-round star performances, like a hat-trick during this season's first encounter and on Sunday netting a double, there's one thing Carlos Vela is doing better than the Swede: the Mexican is the only player who has scored in every LA derby he's played in. He's scored every time he's faced Barros Schelotto's side, and despite the LAFC captain's side failing to beat the Galaxy, Vela somehow always manages to hurt them, at least a little.
Yes, Ibra has more goals against LAFC than the Mexican striker, but Vela has found the back of Galaxy's net in every single game they have faced each other, while Zlatan failed to score in one of their meetings.
Carlos Vela is responsible for ensuring LA Galaxy have failed to record a clean sheet ever since El Trafico began, stopping the Galaxy getting another bragging point - somehow Carlitos Vela has found a way to set a record that's impossible even for Zlatan.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?