Carlos Vela's El Trafico record impossible for Zlatan
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the biggest star of the Los Angeles derby; however, Carlos Vela has a record the Swedish Lion now can't achieve.
Carlos Vela and company still haven't been able to record a victory against their crosstown rivals, LA Galaxy, since El Trafico rivalry began, with a record of two draws and three losses.
However, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic hogs the limelight, thanks to his goals and all-round star performances, like a hat-trick during this season's first encounter and on Sunday netting a double, there's one thing Carlos Vela is doing better than the Swede: the Mexican is the only player who has scored in every LA derby he's played in. He's scored every time he's faced Barros Schelotto's side, and despite the LAFC captain's side failing to beat the Galaxy, Vela somehow always manages to hurt them, at least a little.
Yes, Ibra has more goals against LAFC than the Mexican striker, but Vela has found the back of Galaxy's net in every single game they have faced each other, while Zlatan failed to score in one of their meetings.
Carlos Vela is responsible for ensuring LA Galaxy have failed to record a clean sheet ever since El Trafico began, stopping the Galaxy getting another bragging point - somehow Carlitos Vela has found a way to set a record that's impossible even for Zlatan.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Golden State Stimulus: What is it, who approved it, and how does it differ from federal stimulus check?
- NBA Lakers vs Suns live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- REAL MADRID 2-2 SEVILLA Zidane slams referee after controversial Sevilla penalty
- US News What states are ending pandemic-related unemployment benefits?
- LIGUE 1 PSG title chances dented by draw away to Rennes
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?