LAFC confirm the extent of Carlos Vela injury
Carlos Vela, the current top scorer in the MLS, suffered an injury during El Trafico against LA Galaxy, one that saw him forced to leave the pitch on Sunday.
Coach Bob Bradley was not going to take any risks with his top scorer and team leader, which is why Vela was told to come off the field, and after the game Bradley didn't want to speculate upon the extent of Vela's injury, confirming the striker would have an MRI scan.
The test results have revealed that the striker suffered a 'minor injury' to his right hamstring and will continue with treatment throughout the week to see if he'll be available for the game against Minnesota United.
Carlos Vela currently sits on 27 goals from his 26 matches and remains on course to break the one season scoring record of 31 that belongs to Atlanta United striker, Josef Martinez.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?