Neymar: the PSG-Barcelona transfer saga far from over
The Catalan press are all singing from the same hymnsheet on Monday, clear that the Brazilian's time in Paris is coming to an end sometime soon.
There are no illusions that the Neymar transfer soap opera will end on Monday night when the deadline to register players closes at midnight. Yes, the Brazilian will remain in Paris and look to rebuild the faith of his teammates and fans, but this story will regain its momentum in the not too distant future.
Neymar move still on the horizon
The winter window may come too early, although we know how these situations can quickly change, but next summer will be lined up for the next installment. This, at least, is the lead report in Catalan-based newspaper Sport. The front page states: 'Ansu Fati now, Neymar 2020.'
Their explanation is that despite "not being able to sign the Brazilian now, Barça intend to make the move a reality either in the winter or summer windows." And they are not alone.
La Vanguardia follows their lead with a simple headline 'Neymar will attempt to leave next summer,' and Mundo Deportivo announce "Neymar prepares for his 2020 departure."
The potential problems that the whole situation has created is what takes the focus of El Periódico, who report on 'the wounds left by the Neymar case,' which they refer to as 'toxic'.
According to the Catalan media, it would appear, Neymar's move to the Camp Nou is far from over. It is now just a matter of waiting until next summer...at the latest. Then again, we know what was being reported over the last few weeks and that transfers can be a complicated business.
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid