Mason Toye named as MLS Player of the Week
The Minnesota United striker was in charge of upsetting Los Angles FC for the first time this season at home while leading "The Loons" closer to playoff spots.
Minnesota United striker, Mason Toye scored two outstanding goals against LAFC to end the unbeaten home run previously enjoyed by Bob Bradley's squad and also gave the Loons a merited victory over the league leaders to been voted the week 26 MLS Player of the Week.
Toye struck twice in the first half of the game at Banc of California Stadium to finally end LAFC's unbeaten home record and delivery the first home defeat of the season.
Mason Toye has bagged a total of six goals and three assists in eleven MLS appearances, besides helping Minnesota United in their playoff-chasing task to qualify for the first time since joining the US league.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu