Mason Toye named as MLS Player of the Week
The Minnesota United striker was in charge of upsetting Los Angles FC for the first time this season at home while leading "The Loons" closer to playoff spots.
Minnesota United striker, Mason Toye scored two outstanding goals against LAFC to end the unbeaten home run previously enjoyed by Bob Bradley's squad and also gave the Loons a merited victory over the league leaders to been voted the week 26 MLS Player of the Week.
Toye struck twice in the first half of the game at Banc of California Stadium to finally end LAFC's unbeaten home record and delivery the first home defeat of the season.
Mason Toye has bagged a total of six goals and three assists in eleven MLS appearances, besides helping Minnesota United in their playoff-chasing task to qualify for the first time since joining the US league.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match