Mason Toye named as MLS Player of the Week
The Minnesota United striker was in charge of upsetting Los Angles FC for the first time this season at home while leading "The Loons" closer to playoff spots.
Minnesota United striker, Mason Toye scored two outstanding goals against LAFC to end the unbeaten home run previously enjoyed by Bob Bradley's squad and also gave the Loons a merited victory over the league leaders to been voted the week 26 MLS Player of the Week.
Toye struck twice in the first half of the game at Banc of California Stadium to finally end LAFC's unbeaten home record and delivery the first home defeat of the season.
Mason Toye has bagged a total of six goals and three assists in eleven MLS appearances, besides helping Minnesota United in their playoff-chasing task to qualify for the first time since joining the US league.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus US banks business hours from 6 to 12 July: Citi, Wells Fargo, Bank of America
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”