Michael Schumacher "conscious" according to anonymous source
According to quotes in Le Parisien, a member of staff at a Paris hospital treating the Formula 1 legend said he is awake after six years in a coma.
“Yes, he’s in my department. And I can assure you that he’s conscious.” According to Le Parisien, a member of staff at a hospital in the French capital was overheard telling a colleague that Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher, who has been in a coma for nearly six years, may have regained consciousness after being admitted to the Pompidou hospital in southwest Paris on Monday afternoon for “secret treatment.”
Schumacher, 50, has been in an induced coma since December 2013 after suffering serious brain injuries in a skiing accident while on holiday. Le Parisien reported that the German racer had been admitted to the hospital to receive a pioneering stem-cell transfusion carried out by French surgeon Philippe Menasche, although a family spokeswoman did not confirm the information.
FIA president Todt made Schumacher visit on Monday
However, FIA president Jean Todt was seen visiting Schumacher on Monday afternoon and spent 45 minutes with the Formula 1 champion, according to the same source. Todt also refused to comment upon leaving the hospital.
Schumacher was scheduled to undergo the treatment in July but the procedure was postponed. The seven-times world champion, who has not been seen in public since the accident six years ago, was said by Todt in July to be “making good progress” but struggling to communicate.
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami