Ter Stegen says international break has been a "tough blow"
Manuel Neuer is back in the gloves for Germany, much to the displeasure of Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
Marc-Andre ter Stegen has expressed frustration with being overlooked by Germany head coach Joachim Low.
Barcelona goalkeeper Ter Stegen was on the bench for both of Germany's Euro 2020 qualifiers during the international break.
Manuel Neuer conceded four goals in a Group C defeat at home to Netherlands, but then kept a clean sheet in an away win against joint-leaders Northern Ireland.
Ter Stegen deputised for Neuer during the 2018-19 season when the Bayern Munich captain was sidelined long-term due to injury.
Neuer has regained the gloves since returning to full fitness, though, and Ter Stegen accepts he is in a frustrating situation.
"It is not easy to find an explanation as I am giving the best account of myself in each game to make the decision more difficult," Ter Stegen said.
"I am trying [to become first-choice] anyway. But this trip with the national team has been a tough blow for me."
Ter Stegen, 27, has played 22 times for his country, who are on track to qualify for Euro 2020 after joining Northern Ireland on 12 points after five games.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'