Newcastle United closely watching Atlanta's Josef Martinez
The Atlanta United striker and current holder of the MLS season scoring record, Josef Martinez is being closely watched by Premier League side Newcastle United.
MLS is growing, and the world is noticing, with eyes falling on American league players, as Major League Soccer features both top international names and home grown talent.
The English side already signed former Martinez teammate, Miguel Almirón and now want to add to their ranks the current Atlanta United striker. However, Newcastle is not the only team interested in Martinez's services.
Everton are also reported to be monitoring the 26-year-old striker with the current MLS Open Cup holders locking the attacker to a five-year contract in January.
Is now the time for the current MVP contender to make the big move to Europe in hands with the Magpies or will he stay with Atlanta United? Only time will tell.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"