Newcastle United closely watching Atlanta's Josef Martinez
The Atlanta United striker and current holder of the MLS season scoring record, Josef Martinez is being closely watched by Premier League side Newcastle United.
MLS is growing, and the world is noticing, with eyes falling on American league players, as Major League Soccer features both top international names and home grown talent.
The English side already signed former Martinez teammate, Miguel Almirón and now want to add to their ranks the current Atlanta United striker. However, Newcastle is not the only team interested in Martinez's services.
Everton are also reported to be monitoring the 26-year-old striker with the current MLS Open Cup holders locking the attacker to a five-year contract in January.
Is now the time for the current MVP contender to make the big move to Europe in hands with the Magpies or will he stay with Atlanta United? Only time will tell.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis