Barça's Messi could miss Getafe match after hurting groin in win
Lionel Messi's first start of the season for Barcelona lasted just 45 minutes as the Argentine was forced off with an injury at half time against Villarreal.
Lionel Messi could miss Barcelona's weekend clash with Getafe after lasting just 45 minutes of his first start of the season in Tuesday night's LaLiga win over Villarreal.
Messi replaced at break after damaging groin
Messi was replaced by Ousmane Dembélé at half time at the Camp Nou after complaining of an issue in his left groin, with Barça coach Ernesto Valverde revealing post-match: "It's some discomfort in the adductor and so we didn't want to risk it."
Having missed the early weeks of the campaign through a calf injury suffered in pre-season, the Argentine had to wait until last Tuesday's goalless Champions League draw with Borussia Dortmund to make his first appearance of 2019/20, coming on as a second-half substitute in Germany.
The 32-year-old forward, who was presented with 2019's FIFA Best Men's Player Award on Monday evening, also came off the bench for the Blaugrana in Saturday's surprise LaLiga defeat away to Granada.
Messi to sit out Getafe clash this weekend?
He could now be set for a return to the sidelines, according to reports in the Catalan media, with TV3 suggesting that Barcelona will leave the player out of this Saturday's LaLiga trip to face Getafe as a precautionary measure.
Griezmann, Arthur on target in Barcelona win
Despite Santi Cazorla's fine goal on the stroke of half time, early efforts by Antoine Griezmann and Arthur Melo saw Barça get back to winning ways with a 2-1 victory over Villarreal.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'